Believe it or not, there are rules and laws that apply to emails and email marketing. Because of this, if you are getting into marketing through emails, you must be aware of these laws or regulations so that you don’t dig yourself into a hole that you cannot get out of. To help you understand the laws and rules better, below are a few of the most crucial ones explained so that you can be better informed:
- Transparency: One of the most important rules in email marketing is that you must be transparent and tell your customers where this email is coming from. To do so, make sure that all of the boxes are filled in accurately including your name and business name.
- Subject Line Honesty: Along with transparency comes an honest and truthful subject line. You cannot have a fake catfish subject line while the email has nothing to do with what was advertised. To avoid this, make sure that whatever you say in your subject line is true and relevant.
- Advertisement Clarity: It is also a regulation that you must make sure that your customers know when something is an ad. Also, if not everyone on your sending list has opted into your emails, you must inform them that you are sending an ad.
- Providing a Physical Address: Aside from just providing your email address, if you are running a business, you also want to ensure that you send a physical address as well. This way, your customers can contact you in more than one way.
- Uphold opt Out Requests: If someone wants to opt out of your email marketing, you cannot refuse them of this. Rather, you must opt them out of your email service and do it in pretty good time.